Procedure for Accessing Courses at Community Colleges
This serves as clarification of Board Policy 6146. The following procedure regarding community college courses shall be followed:
Students of the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District may, with parental consent and upon recommendation of the principal of the school that the pupil attends, enroll in courses at the community college level. Credit granted by an accredited community college shall be accepted by San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District schools, subject to the guidelines explained below. Credits recognized pursuant to this procedure shall satisfy graduation requirements or elective credit
The following are guidelines to be followed.
- A limit of 30 semester units can apply toward high school graduation through methods other than the enrollment in public or private accredited high school. Over 30 semester units shall be approved by the Principal.
- Only college courses that are UC transferable will be awarded a weighted GPA. Check with a counselor for clarification.
- Each credit earned at Cabrillo translates to 3.3 high school credits.
Process to be follow:
- Student must meet with counselor to review the Community College release form. Student takes High School release form to Community College along with application to enroll.
- Student must be enrolled at the High School and meet minimum day requirements for the High School.
- Student registers at Community College and returns registration receipt